Patrick just sent out the 200th edition of the weekly newsletter for his Tokyo Recohan online music store — which translate to over 4 years because of a few skip weeks — and shares the following facts:
– Tokyo Recohan opened on May 12, 2002 with only 3 CDs in stock
– Newsletter #001 was sent a week later on May 19, and had 6 new CDs for sale
– A week later, #002 (May 26, 2002) offered 22 CDs
– A year later, #048 (May 18, 2003) was the first to contain MP3 samples. Since then over 400 one-minute samples were distributed in the newsletter!
– A hundred numbers later, in #148 (July 18, 2005), we announced first streaming sound samples on the Web site
– #184 (May 13, 2006) announced the French version of our site
Since the start, we’ve shipped over 7000 CDs worldwide!!
Congrats, and here’s wishing you another 200! You can subscribe to the newsletter, and of course buy some used CDs, at the Tokyo Recohan website.