Skip to the content
- PEN (201) devotes its latest issue to the works of photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson, with the usual PEN treatment that includes a retrospective of his life, photo galleries, testimonials from admirers, etc. You can catch some of his famous photos right now at the second-floor gallery of the Leica store in Ginza.
- IDEA (323) takes on a tour of “Wim Crouwel’s adventures into the experimental worlds.” It’s a terrific survey of the creator’s groundbreaking graphic design work.
- EYESCREAM (2007/7) rocks out with their “Edge of Rock” cover feature, looking at the world of rock, from esthetics to, yes, the music itself.
- MAC POWER (211), among many interesting pieces, presents “15 Keywords to Know 65 Movie Creators.”
- If you’re a food fiend, that’s you’ll definitely want to pick up the latest issue of BRUTUS (619), which takes a look at “Food Trends 2007-2008.”
- Re:S (4) continues its coverage of the slow life/LOHAS movement, explaining on the cover that everything “regional” is good!
- CASA BRUTUS (88) devotes this month’s issue to current international design trends, as well as a thorough look at the fallout from this year’s Milano Salone. There’s a piece that has designers highlighting their favorite manga, and also a travel guide to Nara.
- Finally an issue of STUDIO VOICE (379) I can get into! This month, it’s all about Japanese graphic design.
- TOKION JAPAN (61) covers “Tokyo Creativity Now,” as a follow-up to their annual talk events. Profiles and interviews with various creators throughout, all linked to artist Naohiro Ukawa.