Skip to the content
- PEN (205) devotes an issue to “Tutto Ferrari,” all that is Ferrari. As you may imagine, I skimmed this one pretty fast.
- STUDIO VOICE (381) declares that “Young Photo Strikes Back!!” It’s a great issue with a round-up of the young up-and-coming photographers you need to keep an eye out for, with lots of photos on display. Definitely worth picking up for the visuals alone.
- If you’re a map and diagram geek, you’ll find lots to love in this month’s IDEA (324), with enough charts, lines, and graphs to make even WIRED‘s monthly “Infoporn” column weep. They also cover the work of Andrew Blauvelt at the Walker Art Center (1998-2007), which is presented in a very attractive thick acetate-like paper.
- TOKION JAPAN (62) has kabuki actor Ebizo Ichikawa on the cover, with the kind of large feature/profile inside that the magazine is now known for. Their “Glocal Spot” for the month is Antwerp, which is presented as a fashion-focused guide to the city. Kiiiiiii and Nudie Jeans — sponsor of our Swedish Style event at Cafe Pause last year — also get coverage.
- +81 (37) presents the “Craft Graphic Issue,” which the editor explains as “works that had a special feeling put into them when they were made.” From what gets featured, it translates has pieces that have an organic feel to them, as in hand-drawn illustrations or paintings.
- BRUTUS (623) presents another food issue, this time with rankings in various categories.