I don’t quite know what happened for April’s PauseTalkVol. 59, but not only did we beat the attendance of last month (which was already high) with a total of about 30, but it also marked the first visit of PechaKucha co-founder (and my boss) Mark Dytham at the event. I was very happy to hear afterward that he quite enjoyed it — it’s no secret that I was inspired by PK when I started PT, thinking that it would be interesting to have a more intimate kind of event, with the presentations replaced by a group discussion.
The talk moved around various topics as it often does, and I think much fun was had by all — and the “all” was made up of a nice mix of semi-regulars, new faces, and a few returning champions. Again, as with every event, I need to thank everyone who attended and helped make it such a great evening.
On the topic of the next PauseTalk, it will be the Vol. 60, which also marks the 6th anniversary of the series, and I have something a bit special planned. As most of you know, I have a certain fondness for magazines, and so PauseTalk Vol. 60 will be held as part of the upcomingMagazine Library 10 event in Daikanyama, at Hillside Terrace — this will be the first time it isn’t held atCafe Pause. The full event runs May 3-13, and I’ll soon be able to confirm on what day the PauseTalk will happen, but I can tell you that it won’t be on the first Monday of the month, as usual.
Below, the list of participants who signed the attendance sheet. Michael Holmes was again there and took plenty of photos, but he hasn’t shared those photos yet — the photo at the top of the post is from last month’s Vol. 58 (see the full gallery here).
- Adrian Favell (Professor/Writer)
- Andrew Joyce (Illustrator)
- Craig Mod (Writer/Publisher/Designer)
- David Steinberg (Game Developer/Musician)
- Don Kratzer (Creative Type)
- Emily Maloney (Writer)
- Genevieve Sawtelle (Photographer)
- Jared Braiterman (Design Anthropologist)
- Jean Snow (Son of a Gun)
- Julian Worrall (Architect/Writer)
- Louis-Etienne Vallee (Illustrator)
- Mark Dytham (Architect/PechaKucha)
- Megumi Ishibashi (Artist)
- Megumi Ohguri (Photographer)
- Michael Holmes (Photographer)
- Naoki Matsuyama (Editor)
- Naomi Hanakata (Architect/Researcher)
- Nicolas Sordello (Graphic Designer/Artist)
- Niko Lanzuisi (Film Director/Designer)
- Paul Vincent Farrell (Photographer/Artist)
- Said Karlsson (Journalist/Photographer/Game Designer)
- Scott Halcomb (Marketing)
- Scott Popular (Free Gamer)
- Susanne Dicke (Freelance Graphic Designer)
- Tim Rudder (Illustrator)
- Tom Bowden (App Creator)