A few updates regarding PauseTalk (see previous post for more).
- I’m thinking the first one would happen Monday, June 5. After that, it would continue on the first Monday of every month. I’m looking at a start time of 19:30. I think that’s late enough for most people to finish work and get something to eat, and with the cafe’s last order at 22:30 (closes at 23:00), it gives us plenty of time to talk away.
- I’m trying to figure out if it’s better to come up with some sort of loose agenda, just to give the conversation a focus, or rather to let things go freely.
- As I said in the previous post, I want to keep the group small (I think a max of 8 is good), which would mean putting 3 tables at the cafe together. So instead of just doing something where it’s open and anyone can show up, I’ll be getting in touch with the people who have shown interest. We’ll see where things go from there.
- If you’re wondering whether you fit in the format, I’m looking at anyone who is involved culturally in the city, be it as a designer, artist, musician, writer, etc.
- Any suggestions on topics to be discussed? I figure to spend time on what people are working on (to get feedback on projects), but I also want to talk about currents in the city, as a way of gauging the cultural beat.
- I still welcome any and all feedback regarding any aspects of this.