Skip to the content
- “The Salon,” happening tomorrow night (August 31) at Museum Cafe MADO LOUNGE (Mori Tower 52F) and involving OK FREDDERs Audrey and Yoshi, hopes to bring some retro (20s) party action to the venue. Suggested dress code: “ladies bring your pearls, hills, feather and lipstick, gentlemen, hats, ties, or feather if you prefer…” It starts at 20:00 with entry at 3500 yen (3000 yen with flyer), with a second edition already planned for September 14.
- Fans of sci-fi will want to catch the Nippon 2007 Worldcon that starts today (August 30-September 3) at the Pacifico Yokohama Convention Center. Author and BOING BOINGer Cory Doctorow is even scheduled to be there.
- This weekend also marks the start of a new show at the Nakaochiai Gallery, “Magical Brothers,” running until September 23. The opening reception happens this Saturday (September 1), 19:00-21:00.
- “Searching for Mr. Olive,” a photo exhibition/project for the fashion brand Mr. Olive, is on at LE DECO GALLERY until September 2.
- Digiki and a few others DJ at Velours this Saturday (September 1, 23:00-5:00, 3000 yen).