After taking a break in August, we were back withPauseTalk Vol. 53 this past Monday, and what a terrific evening it was. We kicked things off with a talk on the topic of “creatives” (the term itself), which evolved into a general discussion of the titles we use or give ourselves, and then elsewhere (as it always does). It was also a bittersweet night as it marked the last PauseTalk for regular attendee Josh McKible, who has been coming for close to 5 years (he’s leaving Japan next month). As I posted the other day, Don Kratzer enlisted us in a round of tequila shots to mark the occasion.
Also, the lovely photo in this post — taken from outside the cafe — is by Gueorgui Tcherednitchenko.
Below is a partial (but almost complete) list of attendees — the ones who signed the attendance sheet — and please note that PauseTalk Vol. 54 will be held on the first Monday, as always, which falls on October 3. And to stay updated, you can now follow PauseTalk on Twitter.
- Ayako Harrison (Flower Artist)
- Don Kratzer (Creative Director)
- Gueorgui Tcherednitchenko (UI Engineer)
- Jean Snow (Executive PauseTalker)
- Josh McKible (Illustrator)
- Kumi Nishimura (Interior Designer)
- Mark McFarlane (iPhone Developer)
- Megumi Nishikura (Filmmaker)
- Michael Smith (Political Operative)
- Riki Watanabe (Designer)
- Said Karlsson (Journalist/Photographer/Game Producer)
- Stephan Schmidt (Web Content Producer)
- Victor Kelemen (Engineer)
- Vincent Bui (CG Designer)